View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

How wonderfully does the universe work when we get OUT of the freakin' WAY?

The guy that bought the bar and stuff originally called about the fridge only. He came over to see it just a few minutes before my friend doing the work was supposed to be here (I felt reasonably safe because we went in through the basement sliding glass door and I could make a quick escape if necessary--the guy was actually very nice but I still felt better when my friend got here.) The guy looked at the fridge, and at the bar/barstools, called his brother-in-law, who was the one wanting the bar. He made me an initial offer on the fridge and barstools (which I accepted), and went out to his truck to wait to hear from his bro-in-law. A few minutes later, he made me an offer on the bar (which I also accepted). My friend's nephew (who is helping with the job) helped him carry it to the truck (and got a $5 tip from him for doing it). The bar fit JUST EXACTLY in the back of this guy's truck.

As we were moving the bar, I found a socket for a socket wrench on the floor, and I knew it belonged to the guy who took the pool table (that's where he had his tool kit). So I called him, and he was SOOO grateful I found it--he was looking for it that night (probably when he was trying to reassemble the table). He told me to put it outside the back door and he would pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

I feel like I am riding a wave of good karma at the moment.