View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Thanks GT. yes, I'm proud of myself over the smoking. For years I've been in that quit, relapse, quit, relapse cycle and it feels unbelievably good to have shut the door on that one. I really didn't think it was possible to survive without a cigarette, my AV had me totally convinced of that!

It's strange but I view my addictions as totally separate and so the way I tackle them requires a different approach. My drinking was an attempt for me to numb difficult feelings and emotions and became a very damaging coping mechanism. My smoking was a pure addiction. My AV tried to convince me that I needed it but it was much easier for me to recognise that lie because nicotine couldn't help me 'escape' in the way alcohol did.

Now the eating...well I've always recognised there are issues here, but with an eating disorder in my past I've always stepped very carefully with this. Do I really need to look at this? I'm not overweight, I'm not anorexic or bulimic, I don't calorie count excessively...should I just leave this well alone and give myself a break?

The thing that is convincing me that I need to is that the thought of doing so is enough to produce HUGE beast activity. I've been thinking excessively of crap foods and yesterday spent the evening eating enough rubbish to make me feel sick. Hmm...I was very interested in the TAPS method. I will give that to my beast to kick off about for the next few days but I have a plan to make.

Have a good day everyone x