View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 05:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rose56

Congratulations! I have so much respect for you, moving forward in spite of a really challenging situation. You never know where this may lead as MG said. I was thinking yesterday about faith and trust as I was walking my dogs. A train was going by my neighborhood and it reminded me of a incident that happened with my dog.

My German Shepard and I were walking along the railroad tracks because the street was so busy and I thought I knew the train schedule. I had him off the leash because he is so well behaved and he likes to run ahead. Suddenly I heard the train whistle. I quickly called my dog to me and he came right away. I placed him on the leash and we moved as far to the side as possible. I was afraid that he would be frightened and pull away and possibly run into the train's path. I kneeled down next to him, held the leash tight, and began to talk to him right in his ear. I told him in a calm voice that everything was alright, that he was a good boy etc. By this time the train was flying by us about 6 feet away. He was tense in the begining, but after I talked to him I felt his whole body relax. He trusted me. Even though the train was roaring by us and making frightening noise, he trusted me, that if I said it was ok, it really was ok. He was fine, the train passed without an incident, and we have never walked along the tracks again.

This is the defination of faith, I think, extream trust in spite of appearances. I hope to someday have this faith in God, I know he is worthy of it. I know he takes care of me and watches over me.

Have faith, the right job is coming. Take care.