Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
fini

Plans are plans and we hope they work out however, only time can really tell is my point.

jkb,
well, no, i do more than hope.
i put effort into it.
but yes, my intention is not to ever drink again. that is: never.

but for me to say i cannot fail, or for anyone to tell me that if i had a BP instead of an intention then i cannot fail seem ludicrous to me and unsupported by all who who've made a BP and then drank again.

That's why it has implications. Yes, people do recover all the time without AVRT. Rest assured they don't engage that other part of themselves, whatever they choose to call it. Self-recovered often describe it as "putting it behind them" They don't often revisit the thoughts over and over again. When they start to do that, they do something else (dismissing).

Soberlicious,
i'd never say anything other than my past drinking is behind me. and i don't dismiss the voice. i look at it. sometimes i ask it questions. it comes up when something is going on with me. i have no desire to dismiss it, trash it, beat it or kill it. it's more of a coexistence. though it's not apart from me, but a part of me. and no, i do not wrestle with it, either. i just accept it. no sweat.