Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I believe this to be the key. Identifying and SEPERATING. I find identifying to be much easier than separating. Really must pull my book out tonight. My beast is on a war path right now. ((soberlicious))
Yes, separating can be difficult at first. But for me, I just stuck with, if it suggests drinking, it's AV. I did not go beyond that because why would I? I remember Nons thread along the lines of "what if this thought really isn't AV?" We could go round and round about analyzing a single thought for AVness...yes it is, no it isn't...well who really gives a rats azz? If I make a mistake and I dismissed a non AV thought as AV...what have I lost? I dismissed a thought...so what?

The idea here...that I must know the difference...the urgency that I must figure this out...big plan real? Not real? Omg I will fail if I don't know that answers!!! that's pure AV. It doesn't matter whether I know the answers or not.
I.
Do.
Not.
Drink.

My son once asked what if our house was on fire, but the fire dept was on fire too. When I answered that the other departments would mutual aid and come to us, he said "but what if they are ALL on fire at the same time?!" Lol yeah, ok dude, lets back it up...pump the brakes. I have two choices...I can worry each day about possibilities that are really impossibilities for all intents and purposes...or I can tell fear to go blow and I can go forth and confidently live my life happily knowing 100% that all the fire depts will never be on fire at the same exact time, and also when my house is on fire as well.