Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
the elephant in the room, for me, is what Soberlicious called her "reversal of intent". (i think you called it that, SL, when talking about a return to drinking years after having made a BP).
this is where it sits: the person says " ...and i will never change my mind." and then...a reversal of intent at some point. which sure does look to me exactly equivalent to " i changed my mind even though i was never going to".
When I quit drinking in my early 20s, I had never heard of AVRT or a big plan. I happily maintained my abstinence for 10 years, and then had a reversal. As I explained at length in the other thread, I believe I drank again because I did not have an understanding of how to separate from that other part of me. The second time I quit, I still had not heard of AVRT or a big plan, but I did the same thing, except that this time I instinctively went through worse case scenarios with myself. I did not hear of AVRT until I had quit for a couple of years. Knowing what I know now, there will be no reversal of intent. That's why I said in the other thread that because I lacked the skill of identifying and separating, that's why I failed after 10 years. I can't unknow what I know now.