Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
jkb

[QUOTE=fini;4075867]Originally Posted by jkb
…whenever someone drinks despite a BP the answer always is "then you didn't have a real BP".

yes; that was the jist of the "moving the ?????" thread., and how that's no different from the "if you drank again, it's because you didn't do the program right."

the elephant in the room, for me, is what Soberlicious called her "reversal of intent". (i think you called it that, SL, when talking about a return to drinking years after having made a BP).
this is where it sits: the person says " ...and i will never change my mind." and then...a reversal of intent at some point. which sure does look to me exactly equivalent to " i changed my mind even though i was never going to".[/QUOTE]

Yep, the "reversal of intent". Plans are plans and we hope they work out however, only time can really tell is my point.

I have truly struggled with a BP thinking that would be the "end of all ambivalence" as to drinking. Now, after the last few months I think that as I live in the now it is important to stay in the now and avoid thinking in terms of things I will "never" do.

After all I was happy with my "I never drink now" plan. It worked. Maybe it gives my beast hope? I don't really know. For now it is all I care to grasp.