Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
I would like the security of saying "I will never drink again and will not change my mind" and then poof.... impossible for me to take a drink.
It is possible for anyone to do this. I believe it has been accomplished by millions of people, and it doesn't even require saying it out loud to anyone or even saying it out loud to yourself. It just means doing it.

How much alcohol I do or do not put into my bloodstream is 100% always determined in state of total deliberate conscious awareness. Super simple. Not like the unpredictability of being rear-ended by another car.

Here's what I've written before about the Big Plan that I think is important to my understanding of it.

-----------

To me there is a great irony in the name Big Plan, because I believe that, except for one single quality, the Big Plan is quite tiny in all its other aspects.

It takes a very tiny amount of time to implement - about ten seconds, spoken slowly to self.
It takes a very tiny amount of energy to carry out - zero calories.
It takes a very tiny amount of intelligence to understand - small children learn "never"s quite regularly.
It is about NOT doing an extremely exacting behavior - ingesting an easily identified chemical into the blood.
It can only be done the tiniest number of times, ONCE - because a person cannot lie to him/herself. Yep, that's why.
It has a very tiny degree of respect in our society - because so many people lie TO OTHERS about having made it.
It elicits a very tiny amount of trust when shared with others - because other people cannot truly know if a person made the Big Plan.

Nevertheless, all these qualities of smallness are totally blown away by the one ultimate and vastly large quality of the Big Plan. It lasts forever, beyond even the age of the universe.
Any shorter time is not the Big Plan.

As I reminisce about how the Big Plan has worked for me. Ahhhhhh, what a gem of perfection it is. It has benefited me and freed up soooo much time. I love it. You can, too.

-----------