Old 07-17-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
wicked

I thank God for that phone call, because I was about to tell him about another investment property I saw. I’m not buying anything.
I am so glad you got that call too, just at that moment you got a shot of something,
to remind you of what is really going on. You are coming out of denial!
*****!

I’ve never told anyone about the extent of my enabling and codependency. My family knows a tiny bit. I don’t have anyone to tell but you guys. I’m doing this to remind myself that THIS is exactly what this relationship is and to warn anyone who is early in a relationship like this. Just get out now, because it only gets worse.
I admit, I think this is one of the most insightful and courageous posts I have read.
You have put all your stuff out there, so those who can get the message will get the message.
You are working so hard on your codependency.
Being honest with yourself is hard, but you did it.
Now, there is no going back, once you see it all, and have been true to yourself,
what is left is the healing.

You are amazing, thank you for sharing your honest, heart-felt and hurtful truth.
I am getting the message as it applies to me, and yeah, get out now.
The longer anyone waits, the harder it gets to let go, and then actually go.

I haven’t kicked him out because I was worried that he would become homeless. Then I remembered he has friends who have a floor. I’m working on getting over this crazy fear of kicking him out. Please pray that I gather the strength to eventually end this relationship. I'm reading Codependent No More while he's at school.
Getting out of denial and learning detachment. Detaching from any responsibility for
a grown man. You are doing great.
Of course I will be sending my thoughts of strength and power to you.

Beth