Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by jkb
I agree quite a bit with your post but, I must also say that you are probably capable of killing (self-defense) or possibly stealing (maybe to feed your starving child??) I don't know but, my point is situations could arise where killing or stealing would be options? At least in my mind they would be.
yes, I thought of this when typing those analogies, and figured that of course, your beast would grab the old " but there is still a possibility...nothing is iron clad in this world, nothing". Certainly I would kill in self defense, certainly I would steal to keep my child from dying. But...lets just lay it on the table here... Please give me one example that it would be absolutely necessary to drink. Absolutely necessary for my survival or my child's survival.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

The day that I had to put down my dog was unequivocally one of the top five worst days of my life. He was 14 and I got him at 6weeks old. I understand. I still miss him and I still cry and it's been several years. I ask again...what has that got to do with drinking?

It is normal to feel sad, devastated, grief stricken, when devastating things happen. That's a normal response. What is the goal? The absence of pain? The absence of sadness? Is that possible in life? Is it even desirable?