View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Goldwing

Question Need some advice folks

Good morning everyone. I need a bit of advice, perspective and probably to vent. My addict wife was bailed out of jail last night by her mother against mine and the reset of the families advice. She dropped her off at home for me to deal with. I was at a lawyers office yesterday morning to file for divorce.

This is the third time in the past 3 years she has been using. I found so many drugs in the house i could not believe it over the past month. I'm not a user and never have been. I have a great job and have provided a good live for us over our 16 year marriage.

During her using times she is another person with no respect herself me or our relationship. So long story short she is begging/pleading with me not to move forward with the divorce and says she will do anything to fix it and her. I'm holding my ground but I am sympathetic to her problems (legal and drugs) and don't want to be a jerk about things.

I have a great relationship with my lord so I'm ok there. Just looking for y'all inputs as people who have lived this and are on the other side. Bottom line for me is I really don't believe she will change and even if she did I don't think she could keep it up. I'm 53 and am so fed up with the drama and disrespect and childish behavior of a 51 year old woman.

Thanks for your thoughts.