View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have no life, my whole life is right now is trying to help him. So he isnt trying, why should I keep on. I dont go do stuff with my friends or sleep any where without him, because he pulls that I might relapse if I am alone card. I cant miss out on my life because of him.
You are on the right track figuring out that you will have no life at all with him. Take a read around and you will see that you cannot make him get clean, even if he says he cannot get clean without you. Bunk! Of course he can but he has to put actions behind his words and do a lot of work to get clean AND stay clean.

It sounds like your own sobriety is at stake here too.

You may need to think of where you want to be one year from now. You could take a job, work for a year and return to school, or you could just learn to take care of yourself and not "need" anyone else for financial support. With that comes freedom and it will help you make better choices and stop dating people with addiction issues.

You are worth so much more than this, you have your whole life ahead of you. It's up to you to sink with him or go forward on your own to new beginnings while following your dreams.

Hugs