View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by DreamsofSerenity View Post
That is so great, Lexie. I am very happy for you. It is so nice to have the habitat fixed up.

I was jealous and took a hammer and chisel to my bathroom tile this past weekend. It might not have been the most prudent move but it was a definite leap in the right direction.
Dreams, I did the EXACT SAME THING with the mirrors I had around the fireplace. The people I bought the house from were Italian, and apparently mirrors are a big thing with them. One entire wall in my bedroom was mirrored (yuck), I have a curved wall in my dining room that alternated strips of wallpaper with strips of mirror (double yuck), and the fireplace in the living room was completely surrounded by mirrors (barf-o-rama). Every morning I would sit in my ratty t-shirt with my hair sticking out while I had my coffee, and this mirrored fireplace was DIRECTLY in front of me.

So one day I put sheets all around the floor, put on safety glasses and gloves, and grabbed a hammer and knocked all the mirrors to bits (I think that's when my foundation problem was discovered--I may have to wait a few decades for the bad luck to wear off). And my friend the tile guy put slate tiles all around it. This was done about four years ago, but I do have before and after shots of that:

This one is "before":
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old Fireplace.jpg (63.2 KB, 171 views)