Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
People quit all the time without ever hearing of AVRT or a BP. Remember, AVRT is based on strategies used by the self-recovered population. What do you think those folks did before Trimpey refined and published the technique?

Btw, I don't have to tell you that your post is pure AV. People succeed all the time at things they have failed at before. All the time. Every day.

I don't drink. In my mind, I don't say "I will never change my mind" because I don't drink, what more is there to say? I rarely get out of my house without changing my outfit several times. I change my mind all the time. What has that got to do with the fact that I don't drink?

There may be times when something happens that makes me want to drink, but I don't drink, so yeah, I don't do it.

There are other things I don't do. I don't kill people. There have been times I've been so angry at my ex I felt like killing him, but I don't kill people, so I didn't do it. I don't steal either. There have been times when I've wanted something I couldn't afford and a fleeting thought of "I could just take this" comes, but I don't steal, so I have never acted on that.

Drinking is wrong for me and it's wrong for the people I love and who love me back. So it goes in the same category with other things I don't do. Ever.