Thread: Lurker
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Irishish View Post
One of the things I am grateful for is the laid back attitude and acceptance I see in this forum.I have been unable to stay sober for any period of time for a while now. I have a little hope and I feel that if I really try I can at least make some progress. Still scared to death but the one thing I have in my favor is an extraordinary amount of tenacity. This has served me well or not at all depending on what I am getting sticky about. Thank you for the welcome.
Welcome Irishish,

The lack of a pronoun before "Still scared to death..." speaks volumes about the ambivalence within you about drinking some more and about how you're doing with AVRT. Good work by not letting IT steal "I am..." from you to say "I am scared to death..." IT is obviously scared to death. You are out to kill IT.

The truth is you are now getting proactive and excited about putting your addiction AND recovery behind you; and IT is scared to death.

Yes, you are both "tenacious"; but IT is a quadriplegic blob and cannot even make you wiggle your pinky finger.

I found iit useful to have a certain fear of the consequences of drinking; but not of my ability to easily recognize and fairly quickly dominate my Beast.

GT