Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
eveewonder

I have 5 close friends in recovery. I only knew one of them when they were using. Some have been in prison, lost children, prostituted themselves, lived on the streets and they all tell me that a person will not get better until they are just tired of it and want to. I can't even imagine any of them doing any of these things. I wouldn't even guess that they had this stuff in their past. They don't talk really of a bottom but more of a getting personally really tired of the life and the drain that it is. I tried to ask if they enjoyed doing it or if it was fun or what. It is just really hard for someone who has never been involved in it to "get it". Anyway I have seen many turn things around but it only happens when that person has had enough and as they all tell me "they are done". Like it runs its course or something. One thing for sure is that no one can make a difference in making an addict want to stop from what they all tell me it is a decision they come to on their own when they are ready.