View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wilber

Smile Atheist In recovery

I had been one year in recovery and had a relapse a short while back. After some huge problems that it caused in my personal life and in my everyday life at first, i seem to be back on the right track. I have been attending AA meetings and going to see my counselor

However I am an atheist, and after going to my AA meetings i realized why I hated them so much, absolutely everything is centered around God, or a higher power. I hate it so much, i simply don't believe that there is a God or any sort of higher power out there that governs my life, it is why i stopped going to AA meeting in the first place and why I hate being at them again. Even my personal counselor does not seem to understand this, because in every session he badgers me about finding a higher power

is there anyone out there that can give me advice, or tell me of a program, or somewhere that does not make accepting God or a higher power a number one priority of sobriety?

i went a year without believing in God and staying sober so I know it can be done, but i need help

thanks for taking the time to read my rant