View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Diva76

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Sistina, you need to dump his sorry |ASS| right now.
I second that....
Sistina, perhaps it would benefit you to examine what you think you're getting out of being in this relationship? This may help you break away from the "love" you think you're in with this guy....

Please know that I am coming from a place of care and concern for you when I say, this is NOT how a loving relationship should be....

I, too...once had the misconception that emotional pain=love.

That doesn't even come close to being true....

May I suggest that you go back to your original post and grab a sheet of paper and write the title: What I am getting out of this relationship...

Then, below it, list all the items that you shared with us in your post.

If, after you've made your list, if you are ok with what you are getting out of this relationship, then, there's no need to move on to the next step I'm about to suggest...(I am saying this with no judgment whatsoever, I promise...)

Now, suppose you look back at your list and you question what you're getting out of this relationship; Is itreally healthy or in your best interest?

Here's what you can do next,
(And...all it takes is a nice sharp pencil)
Go back to the title that reads, "What I am getting out of this relationship"
Take your pencil and cross out that title and in its place write, "Reasons Why I have chosen to let go of this relationship..."

Whether it's the alcoholic or the person who loves them, the willingness to be honest with ourselves, although painful at times, is so very necessary when we're in the process of letting go...

I was once involved with a Narcisstic man, and one would think that I would have easily walked away from all that nonsense...

And, I kept settling for the crumbs too...

But, not anymore!

I know how hard it is to break away from a toxic relationship, but based on what you shared, this guy has done a fine job at helping diminish your self worth and has isolated you from just about everyone...

That alone is unacceptable....

I don't care if you're "hot" or not....
That's not the point at all....
And, based on what you shared, nothing would ever be "good enough" for this tool anyway....
Guess what?!? This is not your problem...it's HIS...

The point is, you are absolutely worthy and deserving of being around people who love and cherish you just like the special gift you are...

There is no reason at all, why you should have to settle for less....

Thank you for sharing so openly and honestly with us...

All the best,

Linda

Last edited by Diva76; 07-13-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Typos;(