View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sueski

It sounds like your confidence has taken a huge beating in this relationship. That has such long-reaching effects. You have so much to offer, to potential employers AND to a boyfriend. I really think you've got to keep reminding yourself that every time you interact with him. Have you ever seen the thread about quacking? I'll see if I can find it for you cause I think it could help your mindset. His words do not define you.

What I'm hearing is that right now, finding a job is a higher priority for you than getting out. Okay, let's think about this first. The confidence thing worries me here. When someone goes into an interview feeling desperate, it comes across. So when you contact potential employers in any way, take deep slow breaths, smile, stand up straight, convey calm confidence. It's a 'fake it til ya make it' thing. Employers want someone who can do the job and isn't going to be a problem. Remember how much you have to offer. Seriously, look at how strong and resourceful you are to have survived all this!!!

Have you checked with temp agencies? Make sure your friend s and family know you're looking. And this might sound weird, but look up the UnF***Your Habitat website. Someone here recommended it and its great! Those principles can be applied to a job search as well as to housecleaning. You can do this!! We are rooting for you.