Thread: Seeking Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BarflyGuy

Seeking Advice

Hello, all:

I have been struggling with alcohol for some time. I consider myself a borderline alcoholic. In the future I'd really like to have champagne at my wedding, etc, but I struggle considerably with moderate alcohol consumption. I cannot go without blacking out. I feel as though I have never had enough to drink unless I can't remember anything at all.

If anyone has any advice for moderation I would greatly appreciate it. I would really like to drastically reduce my consumption, and feel as though I am running out of time to find a decent point of moderation. If I can't get this under control and find some discipline I will be destined for a life without alcohol. Not that it is a bad circumstance, but I sincerely feel like tackling this A.S.A.P. will help my cause.

I know SR is a point where people come to recover and seek support, but I'm hoping to take it one step further and not have to completely abstain from alcohol. Maybe I'm delusional, and perhaps this isn't the right forum to to so.

Either way, if anybody has ideas for moderation or quitting in general I'd greatly appreciate the input.

I'm not physically dependent. I don't drink in the morning/afternoon. I just have a tendency to drink to excess at night and black out consistently. Multiple times per week.

PLEASE help me.

I don't want to run into a point where it's too late. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You,

TBFG