Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Originally Posted by iwh View Post
yes, again because of how i was raised, i bet you're all getting a hoot out of that, i still want us to all be friends here.

so, yes, you picked up on some humor. thanks for having some too, but i've got a lot to deal with now.

i do like it though, i've noticed, when i am sober for a while, i'm not much now, i do find a more wholesome humor that comes natural, whether i be in the shower, cooking, walking, etc. i love that & feels so normal & healthy. makes being sober lookingforwardable.
I'm definitely not making light of your situation in the least. Since I noticed that you do have a sense of humor I just mentioned that that was good because I truly believe laughter is a fabulous medicine. I'm not saying to laugh at things in your life that are causing danger. Just that it's good to give ourselves a break once in a while. Me, I like watching stand up comedy or something funny when in a bad or upset mood. I can tend to overthink things.

Like when you said your father makes a joke when you say you have a problem and need help - not cool. I didn't make a joke at all about the seriousness of your situation.

It's awesome that you are finding things to look forward to in sobriety as the end of your post indicates.