Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Originally Posted by iwh View Post
actually, i was dead pan serious, well maybe madpan serious, but i still very seriously agree with what i posted and there was no humor intended.

however your response is kind of good in that it did lighten the load for a minute and i did find humor, but my family does this too.

if i bring up alcoholism & that i need to take this seriously, my dad makes a joke.

i'm not joking about these things and i've gotten to the age & stage of alcoholism where the jokes over.

i do have a good sense of humor & should keep it, and very glad some of you have it too, but what i posted is not a joke and affecting millions of peoples lives.

i do not like or find much value in the morbidity in some recovery programs and do not want to further account for nightmare experiences, i hope that is not what you are looking for to take me seriously.
Oh, I'm quite aware that you are absolutely serious. Just mean that some comments (such as throwing tomatoes, or serving donuts and coffee) indicate to me that you have a sense of humor. Does that clarify my post a bit?

To be honest, though I do find value in a lot of the messages and suggestions etc in some recovery programs, personally I'm not into the religious aspect for example. I have beliefs but have never been a fan of organized religion, even as a child. But like I said they do still offer insight and things that can be directly applied to one's life. I say this in response to your ending comments.

So, it's about finding what works for YOU. Make sense?