Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kandi25

Hey, I get where you are coming from. I thing there is always a reason that someone starts drinking. For you, it was your family. That might be what caused you to start drinking, but now it is on you to be responsible for continuing to drink once you realize you have a problem. We can blame what we do on others or our back-grounds all day long, but in the end it is up to us to change things. You can't change the past, or what your family is like for that matter, but you can learn to deal with it in a healthy way. Have you ever looked into therapy to resolve some of the issues with your parents? I grew up in a highly dysfunctional family, both of my parents being addicts as well as all three of my older brothers, but I don't allow their abusive behavior to dictate how my life is today. They controlled how miserable I was growing up, and it's almost a rebelliousness that makes me live a sober, well functioning adult life. We are all in control of our own destiny. Ya just gotta take the reins.