Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mukti3

I take classes, have a bunch of hobbies, and do stuff outside a lot. I'm always learning new things and meeting new people. I'm not involved in groups that focus solely on "recovery" because in my mind, "recovery" and "living my life to the fullest" are not separate entities.

Do you have a Buddhist temple nearby? If so, you would most certainly find a supportive sangha there.

Soberlicious, I feel you took the words right out of my mouth! I, too, have the mindset that it is counterproductive (and creates more egoic separation) to focus solely on "recovery" or the labels therein. I really like the goal of "living life to the fullest". I think I have been calling it "becoming a more integrated, holistic person (probably because of my training in the field of mental health / Interpersonal Neurobiology) Some other life enhancing activities I enjoy are: photography (just came back from Quebec City with some beautiful photos of Vieux Quebec that I intend to frame and use as artwork or gifts), perennial gardening, study of sustainable agriculture/permaculture, reading, and of course Buddhist/Mindfulness practices. And, yes, I live in a very "Buddhist friendly" environment. If I can overcome my shyness I plan to check this out.