View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
DoubtfulDebs

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, pals.

I honestly don't know what's happening to me. Honestly.
you are mistaking your addictive voice for YOU.

i know that sounds flip, but that's what you are doing, and that's ALL you are doing.

you are failing to recognise the addiction, because it hides behind your own thoughts, your emotions, the significant things in your life, it uses your voice, your weaknesses (and strengths), your images and your memories, and instead of recognising it, you're mistaking it for your own logic.

once you start to RECOGNISE the AV you'll be free.

I am at a loss. Where's that weak link that screws up all. Why I am so easily manipulated. Why there is always a dark cloud covering all the horizons and hiding the perspective?
that's like interviewing your beast, sitting it down on a comfy sofa and asking it to explain exactly why you should have another binge!!

there's a book called 'Afformations' right now doing the rounds in the self-help world, it's about using questions to empower yourself in a way that the old concept of 'affirmations' was supposed to do, i won't do it the disservice of trying to summarise it but here's a link that describes why your questions might be unhelpful, despite seeming to be incisive:

Afformations( What Questions Are You Asking Yourself?) | Omar Mcfadden's Empower Network Blog

and this:

Combining EFT & “Afformations” | Tapping EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques EFTzone

the basic concept is this: 'if you ask your mind lousy questions, you’ll get lousy answers. So if you have a lousy life going, you’re probably asking lousy questions.'

you might find it useful but the only real thing you need right now is to RECOGNISE - not bargain with, reason with or argue with, or god forbid LISTEN TO - your own addictive voice.

you can do it.