View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ovid

Originally Posted by lesliej View Post
hi there...
I joined SR a year and a half ago and started writing while my ex was packing his belongings to move out. we had just celebrated his birthday two days earlier, but he couldn't give up the crackpipe and so I had to finally give up on all the hard work, hope, dedication and dreams that I had spent on him...

I hid the expensive presents (that I had bought for his bday) while he moved out (he was either too high or too "hungover" to notice) and returned them to the store for cash.

it's now been a year and a half. he still goes in and out of "recovery" (not really recovery...) and in and out of peoples lives. it has been a long journey for me to heal my heart...and that is MY recovery. MY story.
I have been learning to heal and appreciate all the beautiful things about my life
heartbreak heals
crack and heroin don't...
crack and heroin take a lifelong commitment to have any hope of staying "in remission"

the addiction DOES NOT go away

my advice to anyone is to suffer the heartbreak and heal now rather than face a long life of anxiety and grief and anger and despair...and broken promises on birthdays and every other holiday and important days

YUK
Like you said the addiction never goes away.I left my addict and nothing changes I know for me I can't compete with the addicts love for the drug They lie right to your face and tell you what's your problem, I always wanted a meaningful relationship it goes back to meaningless relationship each and everytime and I look like a ******* idiot,Just like when my child walks into traffic and I spank them and they look at me like I'm crazy and think why would you spank me if you love me,not even seeing the car coming,My response is you almost got ran over I saved your life,The addict is always in traffic let them go or you get hit.