Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well

Taylor Swift lyrics of all things. From the "White Horse" song of the Fearless Album for those so interested.

I must be becoming a teenage girl or something.

On our road trip to DC and back we had the pleasure of listening to Taylor Swift maybe about 1000 times. Ok probably an exaggeration. Probably only 900 some times.

My daughter's favorite CD.

Guess I did not hear it enough because I was still listening to it on the 100 mile drive this morning to work.

================

Daughter not only seems to have me locked in Stockholm Syndrome with the Pop Music Psych Ops, she started "flash cards," on the trip, as well. Did the various Persona(s) of Mrs. Hammer in some Anime Art form called Manga or some such. She is a fairly good artist and was having fun with me, as she was the navigator in the front seat, and I did all the driving.

She would start with the cards -- "Let's Review, shall we?"

This one. This (Mrs. Hammer) is your wife. She is looking at you. She hates you.

Number Two. (As "raging ******" with the character screaming) This one is also your wife, and she also hates you. But you do not have to be told that because she is screaming it at you.

Number Three. (as Lilliteen -- a particularly nasty and manipulative persona). This one hates you, too. She is texting that to all her friends.

Number Four. (as "Possessed" A Linda Blair in the Exorcist demon-like character vomiting bulimic). This one hates you, too. She hates everyone.

And finally -- holding up a blank sheet -- This. This is your future.

I will give this to the kid -- when it comes to messing with the old man (me) she is pretty good.

=================

So just how long are we supposed to give "them" to get their crap together after Rehab, anyway? I figured some 90 days, for some reason. Someone asked me -- so what happens at 91 days? Dunno. Did not think of that.

Then past 180 days.

As I have mentioned before, Mrs. Hammer went to a kind of crappy rehab center, so we had/have no family support, at all. Just Alanon for me and Alateen for our daughter.

Been Seven Months, now.

So we get back from our vacation trip that Mrs. Hammer would not attend, and she is about as big an @hole as ever. Just how long are we supposed to give them?

I am thinking . . . .