View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Also, I guess, ask yourself why you are concerned about abandoning someone who apparently is unwilling to take care of herself. Do you see yourself as the white knight riding in to save the day and the maiden?.
THIS!!!! As an alcoholic nothing is better than when someone feels bad about abandoning us and if you want to look after us, all the better! Now that you are hooked, I can manipulate you with guilt and make sure that the booze will always come first and if I can't get it for me, then I'll manipulate you into getting it for me. All I cared about was the liquor when I drank. Nothing else mattered.

My honest opinion is to get out it now before you invest too much time. Even thought I am in recovery there is no guarantee that I will never drink again. I've also always said that being with me is not for the faint of heart as I will ALWAYS be an alcholic. Can't cure it, I will always be one drink away from the dark side. I pray I never will pick up a drink again, but the choice will always be there and it is something I will have to work on for the rest of my life.

That is just the reality of being with an alcoholic.