View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bryanb1

I am so sorry for the situation you have found yourself in.

33 days ago, My girlfriend of two years told me she had been snorting 100-200mg of Oxycodone daily, and had checked herself into a detox facility. During her period of active use she had been stealing from me to supplement her habit. She would lie to me about where she was, who she was with, when she was working, why she was tired all the time... etc. You get the picture.

That is about the only thing you can count on from an addict. They are exceedingly efficient liars.

I threw her out of our home. While this may seem coarse, it was probably the best thing I could have done for the both of us.

An active addict isn't capable of loving anything or anyone, except their drug. His promises not to use are absolutely meaningless if he is not actively working some kind of recovery program.

If you have somewhere you can go, you need to get out of that situation now. Its going to get worse. By tolerating that kind of behavior, in his mind you are giving him the green light to continue that behavior.

Ann summed up how this will play out. You cannot make him stop. He has to want to stop on his own.