Old 07-07-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
skg

Throw yourself into the steps. Everyone has a period in their recoveries when the choice is to gut it out and throw an entire program at this disease, i.e., take it seriously, or quit. Are you a quitter?

God will do for me what I cannot do for myself, but He does expect me to develop the missing courage by trusting Him and having Faith in Him. 1 = Honesty; 2 = Hope; 3 = Faith; and 4 = Courage. To face my fear, lean on that power greater than myself I prayed to in the Third Step, and T.R.U.S.T. (Try Really Using Step Three) that there are no coincidences in my recovery--that everything I do is a lesson in Surrender and a lesson in love. His Love.

Don't quit 5 minutes before the miracle happens, Cephas, and don't sell Him short. If you need a bigger Higher Power, use mine--He's shown me the path at my feet when I wanted to give up and He's shown me what Faith means. Courage is fear that's said its prayers, so stick with it.

One more thing. Every single person that's gone a year will tell you there is a point in there, usually between 6 and 9 months or 9 months and a year, that your faith will be challenged. Welcome. Stick to the steps, increase meetings, and ditch the self-pity by helping another alcoholic. You can do this and He will guide you--let Him.