View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

I was in a similar situation to yours 6 years ago... Met a charming guy.. Fresh out of rehab.. He was upfront about it, said he was clean and had no desire to use though I found it odd that he never went to any kind of 12 step meetings.. Even someone as naive as myself at the time knew that recovery meant meetings... Well fast forward 6 months and I married this so called recovering drug addict.. 5 months later I found a huge bag of pills ( he was probably dealing too, who knows) and then I went on this mission to "change" him and love him so much that he would have no choice but to get clean.. And his is where I entered into complete and utter hell for the next 5 years! I won't go into my gory details unless you want to hear them or you can just look at my profile and read my past posts !!

Your 18 and you have your whole life ahead of you.. Many years of goals and dreams and promises of love happiness and joy but I promise your not going to find it with this guy... Please do yourself a favor and RUN, RUN far far away from this situation cause its only going to get a whole lot worse.. Trust me... I know you love him and I know it hurts but please save yourself from a lot of heartache and lies and cheating and walk always from this... And please keep posting here to this board... We've been where you are at and you will find lots of support, strength and hope here...

I ended up divorcing my addict 6 months ago.. He's still using and I'm now thriving :-)