Thread: OT--On a roll!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OK, just got back from delivering an entire carload of stuff to Goodwill.

I had all this STUFF I accumulated from my days living with the winemaker (last partner--not alcoholic but other issues including pathological lying). I collected all these things with grape motifs--jewelry, dishes (a very nice set that included some lovely serving pieces). They aren't tremendously valuable, but they are in perfect condition. I've had them taking up room in a buffet in the dining room because I don't like to look at them or use them, but I kept thinking I really should sell them, because I could probably get at least a couple hundred bucks for them. The thought of boxing them all up and shipping them if I were to sell them on eBay or something, though, made my head ache.

So I bit the bullet and loaded them ALL up, along with a bunch of other things that were too good to throw out but too much trouble to sell.

OMG, getting rid of those dishes felt SOOO good. I wasn't much of a wine drinker, myself, but we owned winery property and I planted 3 acres of grapes by hand--TWICE. The reminder of grapes makes me slightly nauseous.

I gotta jump in the shower so I get to my home group tonight plenty early. I'm opening the meeting this month. I got my speaker lined up and I need to get there early.

Woo hoo!! Once they pick up stuff tomorrow, I figure I will have gotten rid of literally close to a ton of junk.