View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EST
Sarah

Question My boyfriend and his addiction.

When I first met the boyfriend I now live with, he admitted to me he had been in prison and had once been addicted to crack and heroin.
Of course this worried me, I was and still am only 18 and had never personally gone near drugs before. However I fell in love with him and (perhaps stupidly) moved in with him 8 months ago. Until now I have never thought about what would happen if he relapsed because he has always been so adamant that this would NEVER happen.
The past month he has been acting strange, sneaking around and hiding things from me. I thought there was something up but never thought it would be this. Two days ago he woke up ill and shaking and I was on at him to tell me what was up. He finally admitted that for the past month he has been smoking heroin from the local dealer and is now - once more - addicted.
I can't believe it and don't have a clue what to do. He has been spending our money on this ridiculous addiction... money that we don't have. And he says he is relieved to have told me but I'm not. I love this person with all of my heart but it is eating away at me... how could he do this and what's going to happen now???? Anyone in a similar situation I'd love to chat.