Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bobbysocks

Hope I'm in the correct forum for this post

If not, please accept my apologies and let me know where to post. I need some opinions. I am new here. I am a 51yr old woman. I am disabled and have a lot of health problems. I also suffer from severe depression and anxiety. My husband is an alcoholic. I was married to an alcoholic before and I know that abuse covers more than just physical beatings, etc. My husband is extremely verbally abusive even sober. He has anger problems and mental health issues. He will not get help for the alcoholism and even though he goes to doctors for the mental health problems, he will not take the meds they prescibe him. I don't know why he even goes. I have taken so much abuse from him and I'm fed up. Im sick and my nerves can't tolerate his being drunk and abusing me. I own my home (I owned it before we ever met). It's in my name alone. I told him if he brought another drop of alcohol here he'd have to go. I mean it too. He laughs at me and says he will drink if he wants to and there's nothing I can do about it. He makes fun of me for being sick and says everything is my fault (which I know its not). His parents who up until this week were enablers for his addiction, have cut ties with him and said they didn't want to hear his pity stories anymore and he couldn't run back to their home anymore to live free and stay drunk. They said they too were fed up with him. He is mad at them and me. What is some opinions you all may have on me putting my foot down and putting a stop to living my life in torment?