Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Argnotthisagain

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I'm not so much concerned with the writing style as whether MT is an authentic person representing an authentic relationship. I see red flags and I'm not convinced that this conversation is happening in good faith.

I'm willing to be wrong! But that's what it feels like. Something feels fishy.
I went NC on this thread for a bit, but Florence cuts to the chase here: MetallicThorn's words and actions do not match.

It's as simple as that. Funny how we're all in a bunch over her! Codependents that we are. LoL.

But seriously, she demonstrates classic Narcissistic behaviors:

*Self Aggrandizing.
*Attention seeking.
*Claiming elevated levels of personal perfection such as Empathy while demonstrating a profound lack thereof, and Intelligence beyond that of mere mortals. She trumpets her own qualities loudly and repeatedly, while at the same time advising us of her unusual and uniquely profound humility.
*Gushing, fawning praise for us (some of us, anyway ) that is clearly manipulative.
*Using people as objects (she uses her boyfriend as a guinea pig for her self-involved manipulations and as a vehicle to gain attention here. She actually impresses me as aspiring to a kind of *stardom* here on this board.)
*Disinterest in any substantive self-honesty/honesty with the group while claiming to be hyper-honest
*Disinterest in any critique, self-assessment or "tough love", though she claims to want it.
*Insistence that her writing style reflects her unique soul and deepest self when, in actuality, it is ridiculous. "Sound and fury signifying nothing" It does not communicate nor does it clarify; her purpose is solely to obsfuscate, as another poster identified.

To take a quote from Neitzsche, she "muddies her waters to make them appear deep."

Her BEHAVIOURS contradict every claim she makes about herself. As Florence says, she is not participating in good faith.