View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tori

what now (Re where do I start)

I posted this earlier in newcomers, and was advised I could get advise here.

:-( I don't even know if I am posting in the right place. where do I start?

I think my partner is an alcoholic.He drinks every day. Sometimes as little as 4-5 cans of extra strength lager (Special Brew) Sometimes a few whiskies and some wine. I have been with him for 7 months, and only one night did he not drink. He then takes sleeping tablets, as he says he drinks as he can'nt sleep without it. It is ruining our relationship. He is always broke, he can't afford to go out and do things, and now he's in debt, he's still spending more than he can afford on alcohol. I don't think he is at the stage where he would drink copious amounts of alcohol, but I am scared it's where it's going. The worst of it is, he is so over the limit to drive, even going to work in the morning. I am worried he hurt himself or someone else, or lose his license. He is never violent or nasty whens he is drinking. I have tried sayin cut down, but he says he can't sleep and that gets him down, and I know it's true. The one day he did'nt drink, he stared at the ceiling all night. Of course over xmas things got a bit heated, and the mere suggestion of alcoholism is flatly denied. I want to help him, but at the moment it seems he does not think he has a problem :-(

Please help

Tori