View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DreamsofSerenity

Hi Lizatola,

I'm very sorry the rash hasn't gone away yet.I'm also you have such anxiety and fear. I have a lot of it myself and was even thinking of posting on it today.

I put my child on a plane to Europe yesterday to see the father, and burst into tears at the airport in front of everyone. I looked like a total lunatic. My other child was scared, wondering what the h-ll was going on, and if it was really a dangerous situation or if I am just nuts.

I was terrified the plane was going to crash and I'm not really even scared of flying. I wanted to go on board and make sure the pilot wasn't drunk, and kept looking at the mechanics out the airport window to see if I could somehow sense competency, or a lack thereof. The entire time the plane was in the air, I was on edge. Today I feel better, but tomorrow I will start again. I worry about car accidents, kidnapping, illness, and sunburn.

Health issues are the worst for me. I was diagnosed with high BP because everytime I went anywhere near a doctor's office my BP shot through the roof. I got a cuff and started taking it at home; turns out it is actually low. I had a benign breast lump and the doctor had to give me xanax to take for a week until I got the results back. I had convinced myself that not only did I have cancer, it had metastasized to my lungs.

I could go and on about all my fears but I don't want to hijack your thread more than I already have. I basically wanted to share with you what I was thinking about myself yesterday. I was thinking that my problem must come down to the fact I have not really placed control in my HP yet. I still somehow feel like I have the power to control my destiny. Or maybe I have also lost a bit of trust in my HP. After my sister's death and some other crap that's happened in my life, I've come to think of life as something full of potential catastrophes. I no longer believe I deserve to have a life without tragedy and pain.

Anyway, I would like to know what ideas people have about this too. I do a lot of yoga which does wonders with my depression but has not seemed to work as well with the anxiety. I'm thinking maybe some books on positive thinking might help. I'm reluctant to take medication every day when my anxiety is really more episodic.

Anyway, you are not alone. I'm sure your son's rash will get better soon but I know how upsetting it is when your child is unwell.

Try exercise. It does help me somewhat.

Xxx