View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Florence

Amy, I don't know what this mom stuff is about, but my spidey senses are tingling. The cat part -- I'm a helpless bleeding heart hippie when it comes to cats. If they come calling I can't say no.

Anvil, the "at large" part cracks me up. At first I thought it was a prank! Surely it couldn't be real, but I called the PD and it turns out it is! DS13 and I were cracking up about it last night, accusing them of being "cat burglars" and common criminals.

4MB, I hear you with "onion of crazy." There is just layer after layer after layer after layer after layer...

I just can't believe how cold my ex was about it. I texted his sister to see if she would help "keep them in the family" and heard nothing back. I just... I can't even.

I live in a semi-rural area of the country so I'm thinking of rehoming the two with claws and short hair to be farm cats. My worst nightmare is that I give them away thinking they're going to a good home and something bad happens to them. There are people who get free cats from ads and sell them for testing or other abuses. People can be awful to cats. Farm life ain't easy, but it would be a good life with lots to do and see and wide open spaces to roam. Fingers crossed. That's kind of a last resort if I can't find friends or family for these guys. It breaks my heart that I'm having to pick and choose their circumstances based on the likelihood that they will otherwise live in cages at a shelter or be euthanized.

And at least then it wouldn't be a euphemism to say I sent the cats to live "with a nice family on a farm."

I don't know. I'm just overwhelmed with crazy. Layer after layer!