View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Originally Posted by Party123 View Post
Thats very true. oh the glamour of it all! Lies and urine... lol you have pointed out the obvious cons. But when i'm sitting by myself on the couch on a saturday night, trying not to drink and all my friends... (husband included) are at some warehouse party, I'm thinking... hmm not so much fun. I definitely struggle most on the weekend nights. When monday rolls around its a lot easier to start the quitting process. how long have you been sober?
Oddly enough, I live in this artists warehouse that's divided into various sized places, in which just such parties take place! It's a long story as to how I came to live here, but even living right in the midst of such goings on, I've found it possible to avoid drinking. It's not always easy, and it is a bit boring at first, though I'm getting used to it, and it's been two weeks now, and the cravings are going away.

Do you have anything to distract you? Some kind of hobby? Maybe writing, painting, something to keep you busy?

When you said warehouse party, I did feel a pang of loneliness, though! I may miss such things, but for now, it's best I keep a low profile. Eventually, I'll be able to go, and not drink.