View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
It is pretty dang stinky of her.
She has something else going on.
Your son do better than hers?
(kids don't care that much, sometimes parents can be insane)
I think she sucks.

Beth
Thanks for the support! You know, she's just one of those overprotective mothers who goes overboard sometimes. There are times when I can speak to her and have a normal conversation and other times I get the feeling that she could care less for my company, so I've backed off from trying to get to know her or talk to her at tennis events, etc.

Our boys are friends through tennis, but the third boy happens to be friends with both of them through separate avenues. So, it's weird how the 3 boys know each other and found out: hey, I know so and so, and, hey, we're good friends, too. Now, the three of them spend time together but none of the parents are close to each other.

And, yes, parents can be insane. You spend enough time at competitive sports stuff and you hear parents call kids losers or get their kids in trouble because the adult couldn't control their own temper, etc. It's insane, truly. I shut my mouth most of the time and plead the 5th when people start asking me to jump on their bandwagon. I have no interest in playing those games.