View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all)

Where's everyone?

Jeni, Bloss - how are you doing.

I am fine. As with everything it took regular practice to make it a habit, but now I am really developing a new habit of telling myself that I am in charge of my muscles, so when I reach out for sweets, I do realize what I am doing. And I do realized it's absolutely up to me to stop it right now.

I also set a goal for myself to make something every day that pushes me out of my comfort zone. The beast loves my comfort zone, because the smaller it is, the more powerful the Beast.

Sometimes I literally force myself to do it. Anything that takes some guts from me to overcome it - even if it's just wearing shorts instead of "usual" jeans.

I've been thinking about boxing classes for quite a long, and I've procrastinated about it a long time as well. Boxing classes are right in the fitness center I am going to. So, technically it just takes me to step in the room, and that's it.

But, oh. Comfrot zone!

I've been thinking something like that:

- I have to buy gloves first. Otherwise a trainer won't let me work out;
- I will look like a fool, because there are mostly men, and what am I supposed to do there;

- And some other BS, I can't even remember now.

But on Wednesday I told myself: "I am a badass. It's a step out of my comfort zone. So I have to do it".

Guess what?

I don't need gloves for the first time, because first I have to work on movements, right stance and technique.

There was another girl there, who was really glad that I joined. We had a lot of fun. And I felt great that I moved the boundaries of my comfort zones further.

Today there was another trainer, so I hesitated about it. But I forced myself. It was even more challenging, because all the guys practicing in pairs and I am standing in front of mirror practicing my punches, legs movement, and so on. I surely look quite awkward at the moment. But - I don't care. I am a badass.

Bottomline - I am so grateful I discovered AVRT.

Miss you, my badass pals.

Have a great weekend.