View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

We haven't 'met'yet...

... but my story is somewhat similar. I came here about a year ago with head a'spinning and no clue what the hell was going on in my life. A year later, I'm doing better, more focused, a little more tired, but more stable.

I have a boy who turned 3 in March, and he's a beauty. I'm basically a single parent who has a roommate who really doesn't keep up their end of rommate-ieness.

Unlike you, I think my hope is gone. Like you, however, my AW doesn't have the DUIs, or trips to the ER - or anything like that. I, on the other hand, have pages and pages of documentation and pictures of bottles, and pictures of her passed out, to serve my purpose in court. (Hopefully). But I want to be SURE I will get as much custody as I possibly can. I do have text messages where she says she never heard him up crying during the night. And, of course, it's all because she "works hard and is really tired." BS, I work hard and am tired too, that's why I go to bed at a decent hour and not stay up half the night and drink. But then again, I'm the rational sober one, not the irrational drunk.

I'm trying VERY hard to ''let go, and let God", but it's hard for me. I have to plan, take care of, and remember so much, that it's hard to let go of some things.

Anyway, it seems you have a good rep around these parts, so I'm glad to have met you.

Take care,
C-OH Dad