Thread: What to do!!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kla89

Unhappy What to do!!

Hi all,
first time posting on here.
Ive been with my partner for 4 years now. He has always liked a drink in the pub and my work has mostly in them 4 years been pub based. It used to be just a few a week but the last year its gotten out of hand.
He will get drunk atleast twice a week. Usually resulting in him being sick atleast once a week. I even had to stop the car on the way home last week after picking him up from the pub because he needed to be sick! He doesnt seem to be able to have just one or two. He doesnt drink every night, but when he does he cant seem to just have a couple anymore.
Around about every 6-8 weeks he willl turn on me. He will get drunk and because im annoyed with him for yet again being drunk, usually when im looking after his kids (we dont have any together), he picks a fight. This fight results in him walking me around the house nit picking at stupid things like a towel on the floor, or a dirty sink. He has only once got violent, and kicked an emtpy fish tank that was in the liviing room smashing the glass everywhere. His kids then came up to go home and saw this smashed. Yet he doesnt think he has a problem. If i say why do you drink he tells me its becuase he has nothing else. He tells me that he didnt want the flat we live in, he moved there to make me happy but that i live like a pig (bearing in mind i work a 50+hrs a week job!).
I cant get him to see that he has a problem. I even ended up on antidepressents because i felt so low and worthless and full of anxiety. anxiety of when i was doing to do something wrong and cause him to shout at me whilst he is drunk. Even his kids make comments the youngest is only seven!!
Its currently ten pm and he is in the pub with his 7yr old little girl, he thinks thats ok because he is doing what he wants to do. she has school tomorrow.
To top it all off i found him locked in a toilet cubicle a few weeks back with what i thought was a friend of ours, she no longer is. They had two different stories as to why they were in there, but i cant get to the bottom of it eathier way.
I love him and i want to be with him. But i cant go on living like this. He is 32, im only 24, If this is what i will get for the rest of my life with him then i dont want that.