Thread: hey seccies xx
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Ok, my secular fitness routine comprises 3 weightlifting workouts a week, 3 cardio including 2 intensive cycling classes, swimming and stretching. I am also planning to add boxing classes if I find time to squeeze it into my schedule.

I do not follow a particular nutrition program - it's just healthy eating with lean meat, veggies, fruit, low-fat diary and complex carbs. I keep nutrition diary and count calories - it's a long-term habit, I do it automatically and can quickly calculate dish calorage in my mind. And it works for me. I am not ready to give up complex carbs since oatmeal for breakfast is my all time favorite, let alone it contains a lot of useful nutrients.

My major problem, as you probably know, has been emotional binge eating. But AVRT is really of great help here and I am doing much better now. Actually, I don't do it any more. I am learning to separate emotions from eating and listen to my body instead of punishing eating with binges.

Today is my scheduled day off from the gym, but tomorrow it will be chest, arms, abs workout + cycling.

Have a great day, secular fitness pals)