Thread: He "relapsed"
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamasmitty

He "relapsed"

undefined
Well, I don't know if you can call it a relapse since he didn't compleatly quit in the first place. I haven't been on here since about June, but I have been thinking about posting this for a while, and this morning, out of nowhere, someone posted on a post that I posted and answer to a long time ago, so....here I am! (Devine intervention???) So, Back in June I discussd with him how he was killing himself with drink and food. It was a good conversation and he promiced to quit drinking durring the week, but not on the weekends. This promice lasted 4 days, and he was back at the bar. I has lost about 65 pounds, and got a c-pap machine for his snoring, and his health got better. I think it was the summertime, and the fact that he had outside activities (like mowing, and building a big shed for storage) that kept him busy. He is so good, and takes care of all his busness finantual and otherwise. But now he is back to the REAL heavey drinking again. He never stopped drinking the 1/2 a fifth of whisky a day (exactly!) and chasing it with pop. Now he is chasing it with beer! I bought a bottle of kalua and a bottle of Vodka for the WHOLE holiday, so I could have a few black russians on Christmas and New years. That would be more then enough for those two holidays for me. Well, this morning, I found the vodka all gone! Of course being Sunday, he was out of HIS alcohol, so he must have drank mine, then he went to the bar last night about 8:30! It's like, he measures out his bottle to only drink half, and then if he wants more, he goes to the bar, as if he subconciously thinks that he only has to count the whisky, to make himself feel better about drinking more. Thats my thought anyway. I've found a couple more hidden bottles. Every once in a while he says that he "dosen't feel good". (the morning after) So I "fish" and ask him how does he feel, and he says he can't discribe it. I am afraid he is starting to get some serious dammage from this like cerosis or something. His cheeks are always a little yellowish. I don't know if that is natural or not. I told him he should go to the doctor. He said he would. One good thing is that he has started a new winter hobby. We bought a new digital camera, and he is very into doing the digital art thing. Discovering all the things he can do with the programs and stuff. So I am highly encouraging him in that!
So, in short, this really isn't a question. I just wanted to put it out there. See if anyone could identify, or has been through similar things and your experiences. Maybe some of you might know what the "feeling bad" thing he talks about could be. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!