Thread: I Need Support
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Petunia
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Helping Myself,

I know that there were times at the beginning (and even times now) where I have to act my way out of my old habits. My brain is still very wired to be co-dependent and there are times that I have to act in a way that is very different than my brain wants me to act. It's a tool of recovery that I heard someone describe once - Act your way sane and your brain will follow. It made more sense to me when someone said -"Fake it till you make it."

I had to unlearn ways of acting, reacting, thinking, doing, feeling (not feeling) and it was all so new and uncomfortable. But the more I practice it, the more natural it feels and the less uncomfortable I am about this new place in my life.

I had to give myself time to sharpen the tools I'm learning and there are days that I fall back into my old habits. My life isn't perfect, and I can always try again today. Once I realize I am doing the old stuff again, I'm already on my way to stopping the madness.

I believe that you will get exactly where you set your mind that you want to be.

Peace,
Petunia