View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ivehadenoughnow

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
OK, Soberlicious, you know I agree with you 100%. AV is AV is AV. There is nothing that can make me drink ever again, even a party with free booze, and an invitation with promise from, say, Elizabeth Moss.

I would still be reluctant to counsel a good friend, newly sober, to hit the party circuit. I was a little shakey myself for a while, and tried to be gentle with myself, and to do the things that non-drinkers do.

Now, I might just take Ms. Moss up on her offer. The Resident Love Goddess would love to meet her too.
I agree with you on this one. I don't think it makes your resolve to quit forever any less powerful, by deciding not to go to a party like that. I think it makes sense. AV is still battling us and has some serious influence and skills. Why taunt it and give it an opportunity to coerce us? It doesn't mean we are half deciding not to drink by making the decision not to attend. It doesn't mean that we haven't committed ourselves to never drinking again. I think it means we are doing both. We commit to never drinking again, and we also make intelligent decisions to not empower our AV in situations like this. I think a party with hot people and and free booze would be like injecting our AV with steroids. Thoughts?