View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
izzyrose05

I used the "label" Buddhism because I am still new on this spiritual path. I can honestly tell you that I don't ascribe to a particular type of Buddhism. Just that in my searching over the last year, this is the closest Ive come to making sense of the world and being. I have started meditating only in the last six months. I am currently in the middle of Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now. I am learning how to live consciously and trying to separate myself FROM myself. It's still not all perfectly clear to me but makes so much more sense for me and I feel so much more in tune with everything around me.

When you talk about removing the Ego, that is something I am working toward every day. My meditations are still pretty short in length. Maybe 15 minutes. I still struggle to stay in a place of stillness.

I hope this answers your question. I am struggling with the loss of a beautiful relationship I thought would last forever. Turns out he is an end stage alcoholic and I just became his main target of blame. I feel completely lost and I am having the hardest time trying to stay conscious and purposeful through this.

I appreciate your interest in helping. Thank you