View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by freshstart
I don't know about you, but attending a party at the request of some attractive persons of that other sex would be a high risk activity.
High risk for what? Non drinkers are not at risk for drinking. Non drinkers don't drink...

Personally, the whole slippery slope thing is AV. I realize my opinion on this is not popular, but the idea that situations are "high risk/slippery" is pure AV...creating doubt, creating fear, saying that you are abstinent "as long as you avoid parties with beautiful people." No, there is no "as long as". That's a condition to abstinence.

I love attractive people and parties, but if everyone there was drunk, I would be bored. I would not go to that party if drinking was the sole focus of the gathering, not because I might drink, but because I'm not interested. Drinking is no longer my hobby. If I am thinking of going (and drinking), then I would recognize that as pure AV bulllshit, but that doesn't mean I "can't" or "shouldn't" go....it means I see my AV trying to use the beautiful people gathering as an excuse to drink, which of course is not happening whether I go or not, because I am a non drinker and we non drinkers, well, we don't drink. But a party? Oh hell yes, I love parties.