View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
AllieB

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Allie... maybe try picturing scenes where you are with her and not drinking. And conversation you will be having that doesn't center around alcohol. Maybe a non-alchy drink in your hand, etc.

Also... you don't have to go around drinkers yet if it's going to be too hard. Especially if it's just a social situation where you have choice, you know?
SoberJennie. Thanks. I've done an informal visualization, but setting aside 10 minutes just to visualize things might be a good idea. And I've been putting off going to see her to avoid the issue, but, eh, eventually one needs to look life in the face again. I'm just a little extra cautious because, after having had a great run through late April, when I quit, and through May, I had that lapse a week ago Thursday and I don't want to have a second one.

DG: Exactly. Maybe I phrased my post poorly. A more precise version of my post might have read "here's my travel plan. Here's the crap I know my AV is going to pull on me. Here's the logic it will use. Here's why it makes me nervous. Here's what I need to remember (i.e., yeah, AV, I know, I can moderate for a night, but I also know I can't moderate long-term, so shut up about the goddamn night, AV. Night is not a useful measurement.).

Probably I should have posted it in the June group, which I joined after my stupid Thursday. It is more of a first month challenge, and the remaining April folks seem to have their AVs under control already.

Speaking of which...congrats, Drake and NSI!